Pages

5.16.2013

Minneapolis | Officially Moving


I shared the news of our move back in November but had no idea of when, how or even where we would be moving within the Minneapolis area… My goodness gracious, life has changed drastically since then. This move will be, by far, one of the hardest for me, but I can honestly tell you, without a shadow of a doubt, that this is exactly where God is calling me for this stage of life, however long that is. I wish I could share with you all of the doors God has opened, or the ways he has made this so clear for me and my family right now, but we will save that for another day!… Moving is difficult, emotional and hard. After five moves (and rapidly approaching the sixth) in seventeen years, I can't possibly tell you anything different. In seventeen years though, God has blessed my life in some of the greatest ways
 through those moves and changes. 

My reminder for this move- decide you want it more than you are afraid of it- is something I discovered a while back. didn't realize how desperately I needed to hear this until last week…. It suddenly hit me that I was moving across the country...far away from the familiar, and most importantly, far from what is comfortable. I found myself stuck between nervousness, excitement, and, quite frankly, panic as I questioned whether or not this move is right. And for the love, I couldn't tell what I was really feeling between it all! We've made hard decisions these past few months, one of them being that my mom and youngest brother will stay in North Carolina while our house is on the market; and I will be moving up early to rent an apartment with my dad while we all finish deciding on a house. I, by nature, like
 to do things within my comfort zone, and let me just tell you, I don't think moving is in anyones comfort zone. I keep reminding myself though, that if this is exactly where God is calling me, then it is worth every single messy, emotional, rough moment, because nothing can compare to living in His will and plan for my life. So, I want this.... I want this because nothing worth having will ever come easy, and fighting to find relationships there and consistency could be one of the greatest most adventurous things I ever experience…. Because God has not called me to live a life of complacency or comfort, but one that is challenged and changed and glorifying to Him. 



The wonderful news is, I have an official move date- June 24th! Yes, three weeks away… Two of which will be spent in Europe starting this Sunday! I will be sharing more in the weeks ahead, but I will be off of most social media during our trip. A huge thank you to all of my friends and so many incredible people within this industry that have encouraged and challenged me through this. I am so, so thankful for you!


-MACKENZIE







No comments:

Post a Comment